An Overview of Mental Wellness & The Services Available at The Cabin Dubai
Mental Wellness Overview
Mental wellness can be a confusing and ambiguous term. For some, mental wellness is defined as the opposite of mental illness – but it is more than this. A mentally well person possesses the insight, perspective and coping skills to navigate life and its challenges in a healthy and functional way.
Unfortunately, sometimes life becomes too difficult to deal with and because of life circumstances, childhood issues, neurochemistry or relationship issues, one needs help or treatment to get back on track.
We are often asked, “How do I know when a personal problem has gotten so big that I need outside help?” While everyone has occasional problems, and no one’s life is perfect, there are some obvious signs of potential mental health difficulties:
- Excessive worry or regret
- Crying or other physical symptoms, in excess of what would be expected based on circumstances
- Pessimistic or negative outlook on the future
- Thoughts of harming oneself
- Intrusive or obsessive thoughts
- Noticeable changes in activity level, appetite or sleep patterns
- Difficulty making decisions or commitments
- Seeking “escape” through deviant or unhealthy behaviours
- Difficulty functioning at work or school
- Strained interpersonal relationships with friends and family
- Isolation or a tendency to withdraw from previously enjoyable social activities
If any of the above symptoms feel familiar to you, you’re not alone. We can help.
At The Cabin Dubai we employ experienced clinical counsellors and psychologists who have extensive experience in dealing with specific disorders such as depression, anxiety, grief and adjustment issues. In addition, we often encounter clients who are struggling with stress related to relocation, career issues, relationship and culture adjustment. For clients who require assessment prior to accessing our psychological services, we have a skilled English- and Arabic-speaking psychiatrist on staff.
If you feel that you are struggling with issues that keep you from functioning at your fullest potential, contact us to arrange a confidential assessment.
Our office is open from 7:00am to 3:00pm for all enquires and for scheduling appointments. General addiction counselling and other psychological services take place between 7:00am to 3:00pm, Sunday to Thursday.
If you prefer, we also offer Telehealth services, allowing you to receive treatment from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Get Help Now
Contact us now to learn more about our treatment services and to arrange and a confidential assessment. Fill out the short form on the top right to start your journey to recovery now.